Crab Tree Programs and Fruit Tree Programs
Keep your Crab Apple Trees looking beautiful all season long by signing up for our 3 Step Crab Tree Program. Our Fungicide Applications start in the Spring and are time out about 4-6 weeks apart. Though some seasons can require additional care, we have found this has significantly improved the overall appearance of these types of trees and longevity of preventing various diseases.
We can also take care of your fruit bearing trees. We perform 3 applications starting in the spring and have found this to drastically help the outcome of your apples, pears, and other fruit bearing trees. Though applications can be done much more frequently, we have found this basic plan to for many clients increase the production of their apples by as much as 50-100%. Give us a call for more details!
Crab Tree Programs: typical schedule
(Target: Crab Trees, Plum Trees, Cherry Trees, Apple Trees, etc…)
1st Spray: Fungicide Application when the buds break at 1/4″ or more.
2nd Spray: Fungicide Application about 4-5 weeks after the 1st Spray. May also contain Insecticide if Insects pose a threat.
3rd Spray: Fungicide Application about 4-7 weeks after the 2nd Spray. May also contain Insecticide if Insects pose a threat.
In seasons where we get lots of rain, we may recommend additional applications and they may be completed more frequently. These treatment are designed to protect trees again Apple Scab and other diseases that pose a threat. The Insecticide treatment is most commonly for warding off Japanese Beetles.
-Fruit Tree Programs are similar minus the fact that we would not use insecticide!
Tree and Shrub Program- Most Common Package
Consists of 5 Treatments through the season targeting susceptible plants and trees. (Normally doesn’t include larger aged trees)
- Early Spring Deep Root Feeding- Fertilizer Nutrient Injection at the dripline of plants and trees.
- 3 Fungicide/Insecticide Treatments through spring/summer- similar to our Tree Care Program
- Late Fall Deep Root Feeding- Fertilizer Nutrient Injection at the dripline of plants and trees.
Austrian Pines Programs
3 Step Fungicide + Insecticide Program
Consists of 3 treatments of fungicide and insecticide timed about 4-5 weeks apart. Treatments start around May/June. These Treatments help protect the tree from Needle Cast Disease and Diplodia Tip Blight as well as zimmerman pine moth borer.
Ash Tree Treatments
We Have done many ash tree treatments for our clients. Please note if you have more than 50% die off and haven’t treated your ash trees, we would advise removal as saving these trees is very unlikely.
Life Cycle of Emerald Ash Borer
- The larvae live under the bark of the tree, feeding on the vascular cambium.
- The larval feeding leaves ‘galleries’ under the bark that interrupt nutrient flow to the canopy and eventually kill the tree.
- The adult is a small, metallic green beetle only 10-15 mm in length. The adults typically emerge around June, leaving D-shaped exit holes in the bark. The adults feed briefly in the tree canopy before reproducing and laying eggs in the twigs and branches.
- The larvae will start feeding in the branches at the top of the tree and work their way down. The first symptom in an infested tree is dieback in the tree canopy.
Symptoms of Emerald Ash Borer
- Dieback in tree canopy
- New sprouts forming from the tree’s base
- “D” shaped exit holes
- Woodpecker damage
How Treatment Works
- Treatments keep your ash trees safe for 2 years.
- We inject insecticide directly into the trunk of the tree.
- Treatments are done when the trees are actively growing so they effectively take in the product.